We always prefer to do house maintenance work before Monsoon to avoid extra trouble due to rain. Similarly, taking special care of our body before or during Monsoon is very essential because Monsoon is always associated with different spectra of diseases.
Especially complaints related to diseases of bone, joints increase manifold with sudden surge in pain, stiffness etc.
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition of bones and joints and is very common all over India. Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more joints.
The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
According to Ayurveda, vitiated Vata dosha and low digestive fire or impaired metabolic health is responsible for pathophysiological changes in bones and joints. Monsoon, being season of predominant Vata dosha with low digestive fire, the symptoms often seen to be aggravated.
- I am exercising daily, and all was good. Suddenly, with the changing rainy weather, my both knees started hurting. It was a specific complaint of a 62 years old man.
- Last year, I was unable to roll chapatis due to stiffness and pain in my figure joints. After medicine, it was good for the whole year but now with the rain, it started again. This was complained of by a 56-year-old woman diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients suffering from different types of Arthritis often complain about weather-related joint aches, stiffness, tingling sensation etc. Changes in humidity and pressure of the atmosphere are always associated with impacting factors for arthritis patients.
Knowing all the above information, we can take care of our bones and joints to avoid season related surge in pain, stiffness etc.
Maintaining good metabolic health, balancing Vata dosha and taking external care of joints and bones is essential during Monsoon.
These above three cofactors can be taken care of very appropriately by connecting with Turyaa.
Turyaa @Home NadiVaidya can analyze your predominant dosha by Nadi pariksha digitally. Also, Turyaa will also assess your metabolic quotient, causative dietary and lifestyle related factors. Putting all together, Turyaa will suggest a daily regime including diet, exercise, yoga, water intake to balance all above factors. These individual specific suggestions will help you in best preventive care.
Some Turyaa tips for Arthritis patients –
1. Always drink warm water – It is helpful for maintaining good metabolic health. It prevents accumulation of Aam (dietary toxins).
2. Avoid Vatakar Aahar – Some food items increase the Vata dosha of the body. Try to avoid or minimize the quantity of Vatakara food items. Some examples are Potato, bringle, sprouted items,Split Bengal gram etc.
3. Avoid Vatakar Vihar – Irregular sleeping patterns, late night sleeping, excess traveling is Vatakar. Such a lifestyle will aggravate arthritis. Try to minimize these causative factors as possible.
4. Daily massage and steam – Massage with medicated oil and steam is helpful to maintain good health of bones and joints. It increases lubrication of joints and balances local Vata dosha.
5. Regular exercise – Regular low impact exercise, stretching and yoga are helpful for strengthening bones and joints.
Last but very important is always take care of your appetite, digestion, and excretion related problems. Many times, correcting metabolic health is extremely important in cases of Arthritis.
So, this Monsoon, let’s keep yourself far away from pain related to joints by connecting with Turyaa.
Let’s have Pain Free Monsoon with Turyaa!!
Dr. Gayatri Kulkarni – Mulye (MD Ayurved),
Vaidya Tejaswini Bhale – Borse (Ayurveda Physician)
For regular updates, like and follow: