3 idiots, the movie Is a perfect blend of all emotions. On top of it, all the characters from the movie teach us many life lessons in an interesting manner. Most of the lessons are associated with psychology and mental health which are much-neglected health issues.
Raju from the movie attempts suicide after struggling to get good marks, Farhan was seen to be ready to change his career due to peer pressure from his parents. Chatur is always ready for completion without having knowledge and the Virus of the college is like pressure testing equipment for brains that decide who is fit for the education. Rancho, the hero of the movie, is rescuing all the characters with his psychological fundas……All is well.
We all are surrounded by such characters but understanding the situation and standing as a Rancho for yourself is very important. Most of the time psychological and physical problems are interlinked but people often seem to neglect the psychological problems.
Ayurveda always mentioned health is a balance of mental, physical, and spiritual wellness altogether and equally emphasizes mental health also.
Ayurveda describes three Gunas of Mind named Satwa (Balance), Raja (Arrogance), and Tama (Indolence). Ayurveda also describes that a possibility for mental illness is due to an imbalance of the ‘tamas’ or ‘rajas’ in the mind which are the reactive tendencies that vitiate other doshas.
Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, its imbalance, prakruti of individuals, etc are also having an impact on Manas gunas. Diet and lifestyle also play an important role in mental illness according to Ayurveda. Rajas and Tamas aahar are responsible for the vitiation of Manas Doshas and hence mental illness. Various chronic mental disorders like anxiety, neurosis, depression, insomnia, etc. are linked with wrong diet and lifestyle. the
Neglecting the symptoms due to self unawareness or due to social stigma is very common in mental disorders. Approach toward treatment is also improper and neglected due to many reasons. Understanding symptoms at an early stage and seeking help as early as possible is very necessary.
Changes in sleeping patterns, loss of appetite, Impulsive decision-making, Turning to drugs or alcohol in moments of distress, and Suicidal thoughts are early and indicative symptoms for which professional help is a must. All the symptoms of mental health disorders can be incredibly dangerous for both emotional and physical health.
Ayurveda mentioned Sattvavajaya Chikitsa for mental disorders and is very similar to modern psychotherapy. Proper diet, exercise, lifestyle modifications, music, and mantra therapies are suggested along with medicines and panchakarma. Thus, Sattvavajaya plays a significant role in the maintenance of a harmonious state between these three important factors – intellect, memory, and patience, ultimately leading to a happy healthy state of the individual.
Considering all these Ayurvedic principles, Turya will help you in the following manner for balancing psychological health for health harmony.
- Proper Monitoring – Daily Nadi pariksha, assessment of emotional quotient always reflects your state of mental health. This approach of Early diagnosis – Early treatment proves very effective in the case of mental illness.
- Assessment of day-to-today impact factors associated with mental health – By knowing the daily routine, stress level, etc, Turyaa can keep an eye on your stress level and its impact on Tridoshik balance.
- Early diagnosis – Symptoms, and imbalances in Manas Gunas and Tridosha according to individual specific Prakruti can be assessed with the help of Turyaa. So very early-stage changes can be monitored.
- Diet and lifestyle modifications – Many chronic mental disorders can be controlled with a good Sattvic diet, proper exercise, and lifestyle modifications. Required lifestyle modifications can be provided with a very individual-specific approach by Turyaa app and Turyaa coaches.
- Music therapy – Many types of research show that music therapy, proper ragas, and mantras are having a positive impact on treating mental disorders. This can be provided by Turyaa.
- Yoga and Pranayam– Sattvavajaya is the main treatment protocol for mental illness according to Ayurveda. Yoga and Pranayam are having a very positive and recovering impact on mental disorders. Turyaa can help with expert suggestions and support.
Nowadays mental illness is very common and everywhere in all age groups. Turyaa will help you by becoming your Rancho which will keep the harmony of psychological health with all other health domains.
All is well …
Turyaa Blogger- Dr. Gayatri Kulkarni – Mulye (MD Ayurved),
Vaidya Tejaswini Bhale – Borse (Ayurveda Physician), Shruti Kulkarni ( Clinical Nutritionist)
For regular updates, like and follow: